Depression – suicidal thoughts
Poor nutrition can lead to a world of violence, crime, depression and suicide. But so can prescription drugs.
We have 1,000′s of toxic chemicals in our packaged foods which over time overloads our liver and damages our cells and tissues including damaging our brain function. Most people’s cells are undernourished, including brain cells which need daily nourishment just like every other cell in the body.
The good news is that depression can be reversed by cleansing our liver and changing our diet/lifestyle.
Here are some of the causes of depression.
1. A major cause of depression is dehydration, lack of 6 to 8 cups of water daily hydrates of our brain cells.
Start increasing your water intake by 1 cup a day until you reach at least 6 cups of water daily. I know this sounds too simple, but the human brain is 85% water and it needs 6 to 8 cups of water daily to keep it hydrated and functioning properly. Replace sodas and modern caffeine beverages with water.
2. Ingesting Artificial sweeteners or any foods that are labeled “sugar free” or “diet” are associated with depression/suicidal tendencies. STOP USING THEM NOW, they damage brain cells.
3. Lack of proper nutrition. Avoid processed foods and beverages.
4. A congested liver plays a key role in the proper function of our brain cells and nervous system. A series of liver cleanses is recommended.
5. A congested colon. It cannot absorb important nutrients for the brain. The colon needs to be clean in order to do so. Colon cleanses are recommended.
6. Lack of sleep at proper times. Sleep from 10pm is essential for the nervous system to be balanced and produce balanced amounts of brain chemicals.
7. Lack of being outdoors and getting sufficient sunlight can contribute to depression
8. Most medication, prescription and over the counter drugs list depression as part of their side effects. If you are taking medication prescription or over the counter go to www.drugs.com and type in the name of your medication, side effects.
If a therapist prescribes you anti-depressants, again research the drug for it’s side effects. Here are a few examples.
Note: I have only listed a few of the side effects below, prescription drugs come with over 40 side effects.
Abilify - treats depression – depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, headache, insomnia, weight gain
Effexor – treats depression -worsening of depression, anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, hostility, impulsive feelings, severe restlessness, difficulty sleeping
Lunesta – prescription for sleeping disorder – anxiety, aggressive or strange behavior, confusion, hallucinations, worsening of depression, suicidal thoughts
Zocor - cholesterol - depression, anxiety, psychic disturbances, headaches, insomnia, tremor, loss of balance
Zetia – Cholesterol – depression, headache, dizziness
Suicidal behaviors are not normal responses to stress, many people have these risk factors, but are not suicidal. Research shows that the risk for suicide is associated with changes in brain chemicals called neurotransmitters, including serotonin. Decreased levels of serotonin have been found in people with depression, impulsive disorders and a history of suicide attempts.
Serotonin levels can be increased naturally by getting sufficient sunlight, some exercise and going to bed preferably by 10pm. The expression “Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise” is so true. We have “A Human Body Clock” or ”Circadian Rhythm”. By disregarding our natural Human Body Clock is the leading cause of physical and mental illness.